Sunday, September 9, 2012

Halloween Wreath

I created this wreath for Halloween using shabby flowers and some Halloween decor I found at Michaels! It took me 20 mins to make and I love how adorable it looks!

Cost: $15 approx
Time: 20 Mins

You will need (I bought everything at Michaels):
1 Wreath
1 Burlap
Scissors
Shabby Flowers: Black, Orange & Purple (bought these online)
Halloween Decor, I a spider web
approx 50 Skinny metal push pins
Over the door wreath holder

Directions:

Use newspapers or brown bags to cover surface you are working on, burlap shreds a lot and can cause a mess.  Start by wrapping the wreath (i bought a straw one and did not remove the plastic on it) wreath with the burlap using the push pins to keep it down.  I wrapped it around twice to get a nice thickness to the wreath.

Once you are satisfied with the thickness, start attaching the  shabby flowers to the wreath using the pins.  I started with the orange ones and did two rows of them.  I then took all the black ones and started adding them all over the wreath! The silver pins actually gave it a little sparkle.


Lastly, add the decor, I bought a small spider web with a purple spider to it, I also attached it on the orange shabby flowers.  I had a few purple shabbies that I added on the black just to bring in some color, or leave it as is if you choose not to add the purple (i think i liked it without).


I thought it was interesting how the wreath looked different on a brown door compared to a white door! It's the same wreath, Hope you guys enjoy creating this, I thought it came out slick and modern!

1 comment: